Pageviews

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Guess Who's Back

Back Again, Alexa's Back, Tell a friend!

(obviously that's me singing Eminem.  For those of you who know me well- sorry.)


Alright so I'm back, I'm glad we got this out of the way. I want to apologize for not posting. I have slacked off hard and for the last handful of months, this blog has sat on the back-burner of my mind. I would think about it and say "I should really blog something" but I just never got around to it. I've had experiences and thoughts that I've wanted to share but I never had the time to collect and organize them into something worth reading. These blog posts take me a lot of time, you know. I write them. Then I re-read and edit them. Then I let it sit in blog limbo for a day before I decide its good enough for someone other than me to read. Then I post them. Then I re-read it 10 more times and make grammatical changes because I despise poor spelling and grammar (if you're over 15 and don't know the difference between: there, their and they're, I hate you just leave). Then I re-read it again and make subtle changes here and there so they're (see what I did there?) funnier and more entertaining. Then I wait and see how many people agree with me. I'm crazy, I know but I'm a perfectionist with ADD, what can I say??

For awhile I was doing pretty good too; I got up to over 1300 page views in over a few weeks (That's pretty good for a random new blog in the middle of the Internet) - then life kicked in after my last posting and all this crazy shit happened to me and I had to deal with psycho roommates, having no job, having no roommates, having too many roommates, having too many dogs, almost getting kicked out of my apartment, looking for new apartments, looking for new roommates, looking for jobs, boyfriends, my car finally shitting the bed and being car-less etc. etc. etc.

I could go on, but I'll get more in depth with that in future posts because you literally cannot make up the shit I dealt with. However, things are on the rise and I'm ready to vent. And, if you're still a loyal fan even after such a long hiatus, you know that I love a nice. long. rant. Ooo I can feel it now all bubbling up, just give me some time to put my thoughts together and I promise to post a new blog every week. My goal this year is better myself. I want to start writing more so I can gain more confidence in myself. I also want to be able to articulate my thoughts better, because I learned that I have a lot of good ideas, they just get stuck in my head sometimes. My downfall is that I'm actually just shy so writing helps me expose myself a little more. So I'm asking for help, if you like this blog or what I have to say and you notice that I start to slack on my postings- remind me to get my tail into gear on the next posting.

I'll be seeing you,
-A (relax PLL fans)


No comments:

Post a Comment